Latino Creatives Make A Strong Case for Media Inclusion at the
2017 Latino Media Fest
LOS ANGELES – The National Association of Latino Independent Producers’ (NALIP) Latino Media Fest is the unique presenter of the best U.S. Latino content across all media platforms: narrative short films, TV/streaming pilots, digital content, virtual reality, augmented reality and documentary shorts. The 2017 NALIP Latino Media Fest will take place at the AMC Century City 15 on September 26-27. The first annual Latino Media Fest is presented by Comcast NBCUniversal Telemundo and additionally sponsored by FOX Inclusion, MPAA, Labo Digital, El Rey Network and venue sponsor AMC Independent.
Throughout the two-day event, NALIP will present a diverse schedule of panels, workshops, screenings, showcases and more. Highlights include:
○ Victor & Isolina, William D. Caballero
○ Desde el Principio, Miguel J. Soliman
○ The Spirit was Gone, Cristian Proa
○ The Melancholy Man, Samantha Smith
○ Hijo por Hijo, Juan Avella
○ Wonderland, Ignacio Garcia-Bustelo
○ Estrella, Brandon Arroyo
○ Jimbo, Rodrigo Zanforlin
○ Parallax Effect: Abduction, Davy Perez
○ Welcome Back, Matias Nilsson
○ Paloma, Maia Nikiphoroff and Jean Lee
○ Best LatinX Film awarded to Beatriz at Dinner, received by Miguel Arteta, director of the film
○ Best LatinX Filmmaker awarded to director, writer and editor José María Cabral, for his film Woodpeckers
○ Best Latin American Film awarded to Lemon, received by Janicza Bravo, director and writer of the film
○ Best Latin American FIlmmaker awarded to director and writer Amat Escalante, for his film The Untamed
“NALIP has been more ambitious this year in actively changing the conversation in the industry and advocating for a truly diverse and inclusive media landscape,” says Executive Director, Ben Lopez.
The NALIP Latino Media Fest attracts Latino content creators, industry executives and media from around the globe for invaluable learning and networking opportunities. Passes to the Latino Media Fest can be purchased at www.latinomediafest.com.
ABOUT NALIP: The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latinx content creators. NALIP stands as the premiere Latino media organization, addressing for close to 20 years the most underrepresented and the largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote and inspire Latino content creators and diverse voices across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals. For more information, visit www.NALIP.org.
Sign up for our Newsletter